Friday 29 April 2016

Documentary Unit - Final shoot

On the final day of filming on Tuesday, we began filming at Great Bells Farm, a site that became increasingly difficult to gain permission to film at. However we gained permission from Martin Jensen, the Communications Officer at RSPB, and started filming what became a very successful shoot. On the shoot we met Phil Haynes who, though did not want to feature in an interview, was happy to oblige and help us film our documentary. Haynes took us to various location points where we can expect to find a range of birds including the Marsh Harrier, a bird that up until this point we struggled to get a decent shot of.

We were given a lot of insight into what we can expect to find, the history of the area, the future of Great Bells and the turbines. He also put us into contact with Rob Peck, a local who has been campaigning against the idea of adding more turbines to the area.

I felt that I got a lot out of Tuesdays shoot, on and off the camera. I also feel that I have plenty of information that adds to my script and I can also make some needed changes. For instance I can bring back in the Marsh Harriers having taken them out of the script and I can add more about the turbines, both advantages and disadvantages.

No comments:

Post a Comment