Wednesday 4 November 2015

Camera Workshop 2

Camera Workshop 2 - 12th October 2015

Today was our second camera workshop with Fergus and we worked on the set of the Jools Holland Show in studio 5. For this workshop, we were issued the task to create a sequence around someone walking towards a chair. Once again we used the Sony EX cameras. We learned more about the features on the camera as well as some new features. One feature that we were taught was how to sort out the aperture and other controls such as gain, white balance and zebra.

Being new to camera operating, there was a lot that I learnt. The studio had a lot of areas that showed up as dark on the camera so to learn these new features was very useful and I feel as though I could take a lot from it as one of the areas I am planning on shooting at is inside and very dark. I found the zebra tool most useful as it shows you on the camera the areas that show up as too bright allowing you to get the most ideal shot for your video.

Our task in pairs was to create a video using a number of short sequences that would cut up to create one video once the video is edited. For this task I was paired up with Josh Bayly. We used a number of different shots and took in turns using the camera so I would film Josh and Josh would then film me. The different shots we used included a Close-Up shot of his feet as he walked from one chair to another side on, the same shot only with the camera following the feet from behind, one with the subject walking towards the camera, starting as a Long Shot and finishing on an Extreme Close-Up shot as well as a range of other shots from numerous different angles while sticking to the 180 degree rule (to be discussed in Camera Workshop 4).

The lighting in the room was consistent throughout the shot and I did not feel the need to change the aperture by huge amounts with each shot. I did find this difficult as there was a lot to focus on in such short time. I took my time getting the lighting in each shot clear but I did not want to spend too long as I wanted a good number of shots in this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment