Friday 6 November 2015

Camera Workshop 4

Camera Workshop 4 - 26th October

Today we did some more camera work on the set of the Jools Holland show with Fergus. We learnt about the 180 degree rule and how to implement it when filming. Though I have had no prior experience doing this technique, I knew of the 180 degree rule before.

In film making, the 180 degree rule shows two subjects opposite one another with an imaginary arc surrounding them showing where the camera must be. Should the camera be outside of the arc, this is called crossing the line.



Fergus (far right) teaching me how to operate some of the
functions on the camera
The task we were issued with in todays workshop was to create a short video using a script and including audio while sticking to the 180 degree rule. To help put this video together, I worked with Alex and Josh who were the actors and Leonardo who was working the sound. All in all I was happy with the shots I got though I was a little disappointed with the sound as some of the clips had quiet audio. Despite this there were some good audio pieces and I am still able to edit the piece without any issues.

I also had the chance to use the boom mic and I felt that I did really well and had very few issues keeping it out of shot while maintaining a good piece of audio. All in all I had a very good experience working with both the camera and the boom and felt I learnt a lot from this lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment