Monday 18 January 2016

Directions Unit - Portrait Film storyboard and shot list

In order to help create my film to the best of my ability, I have compiled a shot list as well as a short storyboard.

Storyboard
This storyboard contains the six main scenes of my portrait film. Though the storyboard is ordered according to the film, I will be shooting the last scene first as this is the earliest point in the day and will be shooting the film back to front. Now that I have a good idea what I am filming I can start to think about what everyone will be waering, how I will shoot each scene and what will be visible in the shot.

Shooting List and scene details
There will only be one main character and a number of extras in this film.

In the first scene I will feature the main character as the focus point of this scene, as he will remain throughout the film. All of the characters in this scene will be wearing similar clothes as they will all be wearing football kits of some sort. Shots will include the character being tackled, missing shots and being annoyed with himself. This scene will take place in the night.

The second scene will see the main character walking out of a changing room with a new set of sports clothes and the day will appear lighter than in the previous.

The third scene wulill see the main character walking out of the main gate heading home. Once again the day has gotten brighter.

The fourth scene will see the main character narrowly avoid being hit by a character as he fails to pay attention to what's going on around him. I will achieve this by creating the effect that the object (the car) is closer to the subject (the main character) then it really is. I am able to do this by making use of the camera zoom and the positioning of the camera. If this does not work I can make use of the editing software I am provided with.

The main character is seen walking up to his house and entering in the fifth and sixth scene. Once again the day appears to be earlier than before. Upon entering, his dog begins to bite him on the ankles. Whilst this is happening a new shot shows a letter congratulating the character on making the academy team for a major football team. This is seen in the foreground while the character is seen looking very distraught in the background, clearly unaware of the letters existence. This sparks the only use of intentional dialogue where the character utters the words "this is the worst day of my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment