Thursday 27 October 2016

Digital News - Live News shoot

Brief Summary

Despite taking just an hour to shoot on set, with gaps in between, shooting the live seemingly took all day to prepare for, accounting for things like using Troy as a reporter on the live despite lack of experience on camera. Despite a few hitches along the way, I am happy with how the live shoot turned out. We got plenty of interviews to choose from as we got a number of different takes and with various GV's of almost the whole gallery, we are more than capable of hiding any unwanted camera movement and, if need be, to cut between two or more takes while giving the illusion that it is all one take.

My Role

My role as the director of the live piece was to pick the most beneficial spot to film from to not only get the best image, but also to keep out the way of numerous visitors who have come to view the artwork on display. Ideas were constantly changing with each take and some questions would change with each answer given so preparing in the moment became difficult. Communications would break down from time to time so I'm not overly happy with how I played out my role as the director, I didn't always feel prepared and I would regularly lose track of where my ideas were heading when I had thought them through.

To ensure I didn't have the same problems on the next shoot, I thought over everything I had done right and how I can make them better and decided to work on things I didn't do so well. All in all I am happy with how the day went as a whole and I feel there is a lot I can take out of it, good and bad.

The Idea Summarised

The idea for the live is relatively simple, we would see Troy, the reporter, alongside our artist of the month and exhibition host Jonathan Davis discussing his artwork and his background. The two would be placed in front of one of the art pieces, preferably one of his favourites, so that we could talk about one of his works specifically, whether it be how he made it or what he likes about it. GV's will be used to hide unwanted camera movement as well as to emphasise his points and Troys questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment