Thursday 15 December 2016

Fiction Adaptation - Casting

As mentioned before, the adaptation required an older actor to play the part of the lonely old man in my fiction adaptation. I posted applications on both StarNow and Casting Call Pro looking for someone aged between 60 and 80 to play the part of the lonely old man and required them to live locally (e.g Kent or London).

The actor I chose is called Andrew Hill, a 71 year old man who lives near Canterbury, Kent. Andrew has plenty of experience in voice recording and also in various amateur productions such as pantomimes and drama. His application message read:

"A rich baritone speaking voice and a wry sense of humour. Have been in front of the public all my life and am relaxed (or otherwise, as required!) direct to camera. Educated English voice naturally but can tone this down. Background on stage, followed by a career in tourism & hospitality during which I always became front-man. Now retired, it's back to acting for me. Recent experience as film extra. Valid DBS. Kitchen skills. I'm 71 and live near Canterbury, so the expense claim would be reasonable. Only recently returned to acting, so keen to build material for showreel. Interesting project and would love to be involved."

Andrew Hill wearing the costume required for the adaptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment