Friday 16 December 2016

Fiction Adaptation - Rough Cut

The rough cut with Sam Creamer helped bring forward some tips and hints as to what I did well and where I could have/can still improve.

Visuals

Sam was impressed with the framing and liked the overall coordination of the shots. Each shot was white balanced and focused, everything was in the frame, the shots weren't too shaky, overall it was good. There were some issues however, there was a long pause towards the end where I wasn't sure what place in and some of the shots could have done with rearranging. These were all things I could change. Sam also mentioned that there were perhaps some shots that could have also gone in that I never did. For example revealing the card at the beginning so the audience has something to grasp onto and have a better understanding as to why he got a card out at the end.

Sound
This is where most of the issues were found. The sound was recorded on a shotgun mic which was not ideal in outside conditions and is generally only used for scratch sound to link things together the sound. At the end the difference in sound quality from the voice over and the sound from the shotgun mic were noticeably different. At this point some of the archive sounds were not added so I had to explain my ideas going forward as to what I will be including before we meet again in the fine cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment