Tuesday 16 May 2017

Professional Practice - Project Evaluation

The unit opened with a briefing as to what I will be doing as part of the professional practice unit, including an introduction to work placements, commissions and a case study. It would then be up to me to choose which of the three we would take part in, as these options would be the basis of our final reports. I chose to do the commission option and took on the challenge of creating content for Gillingham Football Club.

The idea was to create a Gillingham Season Review video for the club and negotiations with Nick Bull and Oliver Huddlestone of the media team were made to discuss other ideas as to what I could create. These ideas included a season highlights video, a call out penalty video and a training montage video.

In order to create the Season Review, we would turn up to various matches, press conferences and training sessions in order to collect footage that I would use to create the video.

I felt that though the season review video was an overall success, there was plenty I would have changed about the video if I had the opportunity to go back and change my approach. Though the fan interviews were honest and pretty well done, I feel that being able to use players, the manager or the chairman would have made for a more interesting interview from a fans perspective. Bringing the chairman, Paul Scally, would have also meant learning more about what Gillingham do off the pitch as well as on it, something the fans may not be aware of, e.g. charity work.

Looking back on the edit, I would like to have been able to incorporate the press conferences into the video more than I have, seeing as we filmed at 4 different press conferences throughout the commission. The idea was to use what Adrian Pennock, the manager, says in the press conferences and use them to highlight key points throughout the season.

Overall I am happy with what I produced and more importantly so is the club, who are due to upload the video onto their channel sometime later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment