Friday 5 May 2017

Studio Production - Production Meeting #7

In this production meeting, it was revealed that Piers Hunt would become our host for the show. However it was also brought to the groups attention that Piers was becoming rather unresponsive and so scheduling dates for both the rehearsals and the VT's (nevermind the actual show itself) became a challenge. We showed the groups two of the audition tapes, one of Piers Hunt, the other of our second choice George Sesay. Despite having initially decided that Piers Hunt would be more suitable for the show, the group disagreed and felt that George Sesay would have been the better option of the 2. It would then become apparent that Piers Hunt was no longer available to do the show, having emailed us halfway through the production meeting. Imogen then got into contact with George Sesay who despite initially being rejected, was on board with the show and became our new host.

This then started the discussion on when the VT's would be filmed and what the host should be wearing in both the show and in the VT.

In order to give me a more active role during the show (as the vast majority of my role is pre-production based), it was decided that I would be the VT operator during the show.

I also updated the group on where I am at with contestants for the show. At this point I had numerous male applicants but only a couple of female applicants, though both were responsive. Because of this, as well as the fact that there was still time for applications to be made, I did not see this as an issue in need of resolving, something that looking back I wish I had changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment