Friday 5 May 2017

Studio Production - My Role

As a part of the studio production everyone had to select the three roles that they'd like to take up listed from 1 to 3, 1 being the job they'd like most. An interview is then conducted to decide who gets what job, we'd mostly be interviewed on our top choice. In my case I was interviewed about social media and promotions as my first choice and assistant producer for second, having lost interest in my third choice in sound.

The majority of the questions were about the role as assistant producer, being one of the biggest roles available. I explained that the role would be a good opportunity to experience something outside my comfort zone and will allow me to experience all the other roles. I have made mistakes in casting, script writing, etc. in the past so I feel that I can rectify these mistakes having now experienced them and have since learned how to put them right.

I was given the role as assistant producer, which came as a bit of a shock despite being asked more questions about that than my first choice. Looking into the role, my job will consist of script writing, casting and overseeing the project, all along side the producer, Josh Jones. A discussion with Josh will decide who will take charge of what roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment