Monday 15 May 2017

Professional Practice - Research into my chosen commission: Gillingham FC

For the professional practice unit, I had decided on choosing to do a commission with Gillingham Football Club alongside Josh Bayly and Troy Smith.

Gillingham FC, also known as The Gills, are a football club based in Gillingham, Kent. The club plays their games at Priestfield Stadium, a ground that holds 11,582 when full, and compete in League One, the third tier of English football.

The club are owned by Paul Scally, a businessman who bought the club in 1995, potentially saving the club from being expelled from the football league and closed down. Since his arrival at the club, Gillingham FC managed to jump from Division Three (now League Two) up to Division One (now the FL Championship) in just 5 years. The club would stay in the second tier of English football for 5 seasons before being relegated back to the third tier.

I approached Nick Bull, the media manager at Gillingham FC, about the commission and shared my ideas as to what I might like to create for the club and had set up a date to discuss things further.

Important things to remember is the branding of the club. The crest and kit colours are all blue and white, while the away strip is red. This was key for any videos I may create with the club, for wherever I choose to add certain graphics, I would have to think about what colours are important for the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment