Monday 15 May 2017

Professional Practice - Research into Work Placements

A work placement is what will enable us to gain experience working under supervision within a specific role within a media based environment such as a studio. This will help gain the necessary experience we need to propel ourselves forward when we eventually leave university and look for work, something that is often seen as a problem for many graduates.

By choosing the work placement option, I will be able to add to my CV detailing what work experience I have had with the company, allowing for a better chance at securing a good job once I finish university. Though the experience you will gain will not be quite as rewarding as the real thing, work placements are still able to provide you with a good insight into what the job would require from you should you go on to do that chosen role in the future.

One work placement option that caught my attention was the Warner Bros owned television producers, Renegade Pictures. Upon researching the company I found that they had made a couple of programs that I used to watch such as The Tribe and Warship. Just being able to see what goes on in an active environment such as Renegade Pictures is something that would greatly interest me.

The positive I could take out of doing a Work Placement include being able to create contacts inside the television industry, getting an inside look at what goes on in the industry with perhaps some hands on experience and provide some insight as to what goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment